Kingdom values have helped bring radical transformation in society precisely when Christians understood their calling to be salt and light in the public square.
Let's pray for the next 5 years of the European Union to be a period where wise and just decisions are made to face the economic, technological, environmental, social and security challenges.
Christians may vote for different political parties but there is great significance in praying together in humility and unity for our nations and continent.
Here are suggestions for united intercession. We invite people to pray in non-partisan ways so that all Christians can say AMEN.
Let’s pray for:
- the well-being of all candidates and their families during this stressful time,
- peaceful and safe campaigning and voting,
- truth to be sought, seen and heard, valued and accepted,
- opportunities for respectful debate, with a variety of voices being heard,
- growing support for core biblical values, including love, truth, justice, righteousness, forgiveness, integrity, respect, service and generosity,
- the success of politicians who will
- the next 5 years of the European Union to be a period:
This article is one of the resources produced by the European Evangelical Alliance socio-political team in relation to the European Parliament elections of May 23-26, 2019.